Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. —Pablo Picasso

I pay so little attention to my artwork these days. I concentrate more on my obsession with Copic markers, sewing, paper crafts and scrapbooking. I do a painting and file it away. It never gets hung on the wall. Drawing and painting was my first love. I was accepted to a college of art in Boston...sadly I decided not to go...who lets a 17 year old make their own decisions?

When did I stop creating art? Or did I stop? Is not my card making and scrapbooking a form of art? It is but it's not the same and anyone who does draw or paint knows the difference. I have a feeling I don't do it as much as I used to because of the creative process. I am not very good at coming up with an idea from scratch. That is probably why scrapbooking is so easy for me. I see a page idea and I copy it, maybe with different paper but the idea is the same. To truely create a painting you have to come up with the vision, draw it then color it in. How hard is that? Very...at least for me.

Oh well, in the spirit of art here are some of the mixed media paintings I did in Claudine Hellmuth's class last year. It felt good to have a brush in my hands again.

paintings group

I think a trip to the Museum of Fine Arts may just be the ticket.

2 comments:

  1. I love the nine-patch on the lower left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. Oh, please, don't let your painting grow old on you. You're so talented! Just put your mind and heart back into it, it will all come back :).

    ReplyDelete