Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A scrapbook page

I have been in a scrapbook funk lately. I have been so busy making cards and all sorts of other projects but have not made a page in a very long time. I started the page below of me and my grandmother a few weeks ago. I had purchased specific papers that I thought would work but as a lot of scrapbookers know it doesn't always work out the way you thought in the end.

So, I started all over with new paper and a whole new sketch in mind. In fact this is the first page after all these years of scrapbooking that I can actually say I did completely on my own without copying someone elses page or sketch. I don't know how it happened but I just started with my base paper and a 6x6 pack and just started laying things on the paper. I used my Silhouette to cut the bird flourish, the leaves and the scallop strip. Good old fashion Stampin Up scallop and circle punch were used for the flower. I used word strips for my journalling. I have always wanted to use that technique and wasn't sure it would fit this type of page but I am happy with it.

The last thing I did was the title. At first I had your basic frame with the title in it....hated it, changed it then changed it again. Finally I just let it sit for a while. Then I remembered my See and Stamp Transparent Stamp sets and thought what the heck it can't hurt! Ended up really liking it. It isn't really a focal point but I like that. In the end this page made me step out of the box from what I usually do and I have to say it was fun.

The picture is terrible! No matter where or how or what I did I could not get a good picture of this page. I wish I had a bigger scanner....or better photography skills!

Over the years I have changed my scrapbooking style going from hand torn paper and brads (oh the horror!) to hybrid pages and now using my Silhouette. I am really enjoying using the Silhouette. It lets me add dimension to a page without buttons and bows and the dreaded eyelets!

Last but not least you may be asking...Jane who? Where has she been? She has been busy and found no time to blog. I had the best of intentions really I did. But I have made a promise to myself...and you the 2 followers of my blog...that I will attempt to post once a week at least. Deal?...deal.

Nice to talk to you again.

1 comment: