Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Funday

This morning was a play day. My husband had a meeting so I had the house to myself, except for Handsome the cat. I got up, went into my studio and took out my Gelato's. I haven't had much of a chance to play with these since I bought them this year. I watched a couple of You Tube video's and went to work. I used the swatch kit that came with the Gelato's and chose the embossed card stock. I played around until I got what I liked then kept adding things, like that strip of washy tape that I have yet to use on anything and some Mister Huey's Calico White to splatter some white on the background. Ran around the edges with my Distressed Inks and called that done. I have a hard time stopping when I do these things so I was happy when I knew enough was enough...before I ruined it!

I cut out 2 branch images on my Silhouette and glued them together for strength. I colored them with the Gelato's, this time using a bit of the white to create a light tip to the leaves. You can't tell from the picture but it is there. I wanted to include one of my favorite sayings on this piece so I typed it up then printed it out on Claudine Hellmuth adhesive canvas. I then mounted it on a piece of chipboard for stability and used the Distressed Inks around the edges. I adhered the branch with glue dots and put adhesive dimensionals on the back of the saying, added a Ranger paper clip and placed everything down.


This was a fun project for me and so out of the norm. I am not usually "artsy". I have been wanted to try my hand at an Art Journal so now this might be the start.

Happy Sunday everyone.


2 comments:

  1. That looks so neat! Huzzah for playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, Jane! Love the artsy background balanced with the clean and simple quote. We'll have to get together and craft soon. Keep April 5th open for our spring crop too!

    ReplyDelete